The Spirit of the Sea Festival is produced by the Community of Lights Events Society, a non-profit society dedicated to creating a memorable weekend of free, family-oriented events and activities to the Semiahmoo Peninsula and its visitors.
Members of the Board of Directors for 2012 are
- Matt Todd – President
- Janice Stasiuk – Vice-President
- Joanne Charles – Treasurer
- Jim Black
- Heather Crawford
- Phil Davey
- Terry Newman
- Pat Petrala
The purposes of the Society are
- to act as a support organization to the Cities of White Rock and Surrey, and to assist the cities in achieving their goal of economic development and tourism;
- to promote, foster and encourage community pride and economic growth through the development of cultural, musical, theatrical, historical, and sports events, provincially, nationally, and internationally.
- to solicit and raise funds and to apply for grants to carry out the objectives of the Society and to accept donations for such purposes.
Everyone is welcome to join the Community of Lights Events Society. The last Annual General Meetings was held at the White Rock Library on February 29, 2012. Watch this page for notice of upcoming General Meetings of the Society.