Annual General Meeting
Thursday October 10, 7pm in the Hugh & McKinnon Realty boardroom at 14007 16 Ave (North Bluff/Nichol).
We need your skills.
Producing a large festival is a lot of fun and a great sense of accomplishment, but some valuable members of our team now have other commitments. We need new help and fresh energy!
Can you keep track of expenses and revenues? Please consider joining as Treasurer.
Been successful as leader of an event planning team? Coordinate our efforts as President or Vice President.
Do you know how to keep orderly files and write meeting minutes? Help keep us organized as Society Secretary.
Want to offer administrative or governance support, without committing as a Society Officer? Consider serving as a Director or simply joining as a member.
Independent, Non-Profit Society.
The Spirit of the Sea Festival is produced by the Community of Lights Events Society, a non-profit society dedicated to creating a memorable weekend of free, family-oriented events and activities to the Semiahmoo Peninsula and its visitors.
Members of the Board of Directors for 2012 are
- Matt Todd – President
- Janice Stasiuk – Vice-President
- Joanne Charles – Treasurer
- Jim Black
- Phil Davey
- Terry Newman
As prescribed by its constitution and bylaws, the purposes of the Society are
- to act as a support organization to the Cities of White Rock and Surrey, and to assist the cities in achieving their goal of economic development and tourism;
- to promote, foster and encourage community pride and economic growth through the development of cultural, musical, theatrical, historical, and sports events, provincially, nationally, and internationally.
- to solicit and raise funds and to apply for grants to carry out the objectives of the Society and to accept donations for such purposes.
Everyone is welcome to join the Community of Lights Events Society.